Daniel J. Spellman
Daniel J. Spellman
Daniel Spellman started practicing law in 1970 with his father, Edward Spellman, the founder of Spellman Law Firm. Daniel is a highly regarded trial attorney who has obtained successful verdicts and settlements for his clients over his 50 year career. In addition to his civil law practice, Daniel has many years of experience in the areas of Iowa Workers’ Compensation law and general practice subjects. He is a founding member of the Iowa Trial Lawyers Association (now the Iowa Association of Justice) in 1973. He has served on the Board of Governors of the Iowa Association of Justice, as both President and Vice President. Daniel has served on the Board of Governors of the Iowa Association of Workers’ Compensation Attorneys and held the office of President and Vice President. Daniel is also a long-time member of the American Association for Justice. He is admitted to practice and handles cases in the State of Iowa Courts, U.S. District Courts in Iowa, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court. Daniel received his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from Creighton University School of Law in 1968 and his undergraduate Bachelors of Arts degree from Creighton in 1965.
Daniel is also a Veteran and served his country both on active duty and on reserve duty in the U.S. Armed Forces. He has also served on a volunteer basis on the Board and as President and Vice President of Perry Industries, Inc., the local economic development group. He is also rated AV, as a Preeminent Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell.
Daniel Spellman has been married to his wife, Sally for 50 years. They have six children. They are proud grandparents of 16 grandchildren. During his free time, he enjoys spending time with his wife, children and grandchildren, hiking, reading, and working in various local community activities.
PAST AND CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- President, Vice-President, and Board Member of the Iowa Association for Justice
- Iowa State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Dallas County Bar Association
- Past President, Vice-President of the Iowa Association of Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
ADMITED TO BAR: 1968, Iowa
LAW SCHOOL/UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATION:
- Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska – Juris Doctor Degree, 1968
- Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska – Bachelor of Arts Degree, 1965
COURT OF ADMISSIONS:
- United States Supreme Court
- State of Iowa Courts
- United States District Court, Northern District of Iowa
- United States District Court, Southern District of Iowa
- United States Court of Appeals , Eighth Circuit